Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer break?

*Sigh*

It is summer break!  A time that all students look forward to, parents are glad for a little break from the daily habits of school and teachers take a quick breath and begin planning for the next year.

I promised, oh say a month or more ago now, for an update about our parent book that we made for our Parent Appreciate Luncheon.  That post will come soon (before summer is over, I do promise that!).  Right now, I am being an extreme multi-tasker...walking on the treadmill with my nifty homemade laptop holder on it and writing this update. 

What is that you said?  You need a picture?


Well, I have a Cleveland Browns themed basement (remember, I LOVE Fantasy Football.  Oh, and real football of course!)  I have all of my sewing stuff set up in the background.  It has been severely neglected for weeks, until yesterday.  Of course, I can't exercise without little kiddos 'helping' me :)

Ok, you can stop laughing.  Maybe I'm motivating?  Exercising against all the odds, lol.

Since Preschool Graduation, right before Memorial Day, I have been taking college classes to receive my Grades 4-5 Endorsement.  I have completed my Mathematics course (which I got 100% in!  I know, bragging!)  Right now, I am taking a course about teaching Reading & Literacy to Grades 4 & 5, and a  course about teaching Science & Social Studies to Grade 4.  It is very, very time consuming, even though it is all online.  I have three more classes to take this summer still, and then I can teach up to Fifth Grade.  In the Fall, I will begin my Master's Program.  I am leaning towards getting my Master's in General Special Education.

So, after WEEKS of unending homework, I decided to take a break yesterday and finally do some sewing.  I needed some 'me' time to relax a little.

If you haven't checked out my Facebook page, go do it now and 'LIKE' the page.  It is called An Interesting Mix.  I will post a few pictures here of some of the new stuff I have been working on.

Freezer Pop / Yogurt Holders

Rag Tutu's

Rice Bags

Burp Cloths & Baby Bibs

Newborn Hats

So, it is back to school work tomorrow for me.  I have to write some lesson plans and read some 4th grade books :) 

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer breaks so far.  I'm trying to balance all of it with spending lots of time with my kiddos also.  Needless to say, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep.  So, if you run in to me at the store, don't be offended if I look at you like I don't know you.  It will click soon.  My brain is working overtime right now :)

Enjoy this weather!  It is finally sunny and warm!

3 comments:

  1. If your life is making some issues take the help from these experts to get out the situation and these experts will give you the complete help in your life www.weblivexperts.com just $0.25 cent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To find the complete to download anything in the internet just enter www.krazy99.com to get complete help in just $0.99 cent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice site. i'm a DJ Viet Nam.

    ReplyDelete