Monday, March 11, 2013

It has been way too long...

It has been way too long since I last posted anything about anything.  Ah, life...it is just so busy sometimes...or all of the time.

At the Preschool we have two wonderful student teachers from Kent State University again- Ms. O and Ms. S.  They have been planning activities for each class over the last several weeks and will be leading the whole day this week.

Centers in the MWF Class have been going very well.  The kiddos really seem to enjoy this time in small groups and working on the themed activities.  We have graphed M&M's at Valentine's Day, identified numbers in a Pizza themed counting game, and even played a twister type game.

In my personal life, I started a small business called "An Interesting Mix".  I have been sewing since I was 8 years old and recently began sewing again on a regular basis.  It is something that I find very soothing, calming and a great de-stresser.  I started by making tooth fairy pillows for my girls and some friends and they kind of took off.  Then I added rice pillows (the kind you heat up in the microwave) of different kinds, door draft stoppers and now feed sack reusable bags.  I started a Facebook page (look up An Interesting Mix) where I list all of the stuff I am making for sale.  And just very recently, I began making Newborn Upcycled Hats.

In January, I was contacted by Nationalist (a magazine that promotes only businesses, people, products, etc. that are made in the USA) that they wanted to feature my products in their magazine!  Ms. O (one of my student teachers) is also an amazing photographer (go check out Livi Grace Photography on FB) and she took pictures of my products that I submitted to the magazine.  They released their March 2013 issue recently, where "An Interesting Mix" is one of 20 businesses named "Handmade Must Have Picks- Made in the USA" by Nationalist (I'm on page 42)!  I am very over the top excited about this and so thankful for their recognition.

I am going to try and get back to updating more frequently.  Have a great week!


1 comment: