Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012...Hello 2013!

Well, I have been absent for awhile.  I was so busy for the month of December.  Sometimes, it seems like my busy-ness never ends, but I wouldn't change it.

Christmas around my house was wonderful!  We spent time with both sides of our family before Christmas.  The kiddos had a great time running around with cousins and opening presents.  I loved visiting with my family, enjoying all of the yummy food and watching the kiddos have such a great time.  Our little elf, Susie, went back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve with Santa, much to Jenni's dislike.  She is still asking about her and wants her to come back.  Maybe, just maybe, she will have to pop in monthly and leave a little note :)

I never actually talked about the month of December much in my past posts.  Ms. K finished up her student teaching.  She did a really nice job with the kiddos.  She had them make ornaments for the tree, handprint/footprint reindeer for the TTH class and Santa's in the MWF class.  The kiddos were sheer excitement for weeks leading up to break.

The MWF class began AB Patterns with a candy cane.  We will continue working on AB patterns and introduce ABC patterns in January.  Depending on how that goes, we will also be working on AAB and ABB patterns before Spring Break.  I don't introduce a new pattern until everyone has gotten the current one we are working on.

The Christmas parties were wonderful.  The kiddos had so much fun with the gift exchange.  Most of them liked Santa coming, while some (my daughter being one of them!) did not.

I spent time over break on Pinterest (go figure!), but got some really good ideas off of it.  I have been working on some new handouts and worksheets for the kiddos.  (I will post these on TPT site and link to them soon!)  I am also going to be switching things up in the MWF class starting the Monday we are back.  I have to take a couple days to get everything together and copied and sorted, etc, etc, etc.  We are going to be introducing centers to the MWF class.  This will break up the long rotation/free choice period.  I will send home a new schedule with the MWF class this week.  I hope that it works out.  It is going to be different and take a little getting used to, but I think that we are going to be able to cover some other things during this time, that I just can't get around to doing during rotation/free choice time.

I hope that everyone's break was wonderful and 2013 brings you all that you wish it to!

Happy New Year 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment