Sunday, September 2, 2012

Last minute prep


I met with Mrs. M at the preschool on Wednesday and worked on getting the room ready enough for parents to stop up after the meeting.  Here are a few of the pictures:


Circle time area...changed the Letter of the Week board to blue with a fish border.  Also took down my letter of the week dog since the theme is more ocean based.


The color words from last year were a little confusing so bought new ones and Mrs. M hung them all up with their respective paint brushes.  Much easier to understand!


This is our door for the start of the school year.  I saw something similar on Pinterest and adapted it for my room.  It says "Whale-come to Preschool!"

Thursday evening was our Parent Meeting at the preschool.  It is such an overwhelming meeting for parents because there is so much information given and I talk and talk and talk :)  I think that the meeting went well though and there were not many questions, so I must have touched on everything pretty thoroughly.

This Tuesday, I am going to be doing the last minute touches on the room with Mrs. M.  Also, the new student teachers, Ms. N and Ms. K are coming up to help and I will be meeting with their supervisor also.  I'm looking forward to seeing what these girls do this fall!  There is still a lot to do but with everyone working together, we should breeze right through.  It is all 'name stuff'...getting their names on their cubbies, mailboxes, lunch cubbie, birthday board, seat names, computer schedule, etc.  But all that stuff has to be laminated and cut out too so it takes some time.  I might have to touch up the horrible paint job too but we will see how that looks on Tuesday.

We have Orientation on Thursday and Friday this week for the kiddos and their parents.  This will be the first time that I meet many of the kiddos.  It is always a nerve wracking time for everyone...some kiddos are scared to be without mom or dad, mom and dad are nervous on how their kiddo is going to react and what they are going to do, and I have butterflies on how the kiddos are going to do also.

Finally, here are a few pictures of our 2012 Randolph Fair booth for the preschool that I put up.  



The theme of the fair was "Sew It, Grow It, Show It".  Our booth theme was "LOOK HOW WE GROW AT ROOTSTOWN CO-OP PRESCHOOL!".  I hung the pictures of the kiddos in the MWF class who accomplished knowing all 26 upper case letters, lower case letters, phonics, all 20 numbers and counting to 100.  I also posted lots of pictures taken throughout the year.  Each side of the booth was dedicated to a class.  There was a little note telling more about each class and then their work displayed.  I left art work to display on the floor.  The booth looked pretty good, better than it has in the last couple of years.  I don't know what we placed yet on the booth but should be getting a letter soon telling us.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  If you are in Ohio, hopefully the rain holds out for a little bit to squeeze in a picnic or some time outdoors.  I will update again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment