Friday, June 1, 2012

First week off

My hubby, Dan, and I walked with the girls at West Branch dam this week which is a really nice place to exercise because there are no cars allowed so you don't have to worry about the kiddos as much riding their bikes.  It is paved and have guard rails on both sides of the dam.  It borders the lake, obviously, so there is a nice breeze too.  If you walk from the parking lot to the end of the dam and back, it is about 4 miles.  I only walk half of it.  Hey, I have 3 kids with me...Jacob rides the whole thing twice before I'm done with half of it, Jessi rides her bike but she gets tired (she is still little) and I'm pushing Jenni in a 'car stroller'.

The kids and I also went to a new place to walk...Berlin Lake Trail.  It is new and we have never been there.  It is nice and we are going to go back there again some time.  It has mile markers by the 1/4 mile which is really nice to know how far you have gone.  It is mostly shaded by trees and glimpses of the lake on both sides for the part we went on.  The whole trail is 2.5 miles long one way.  It's gonna be awhile before I see the whole trail, lol.

I have been walking and running, if you can call it that, a couple of times a week to try and get back into shape.  I am almost to my first weight loss goal and I gave myself a deadline of June 20 to meet it.  Those of you who don't know me, I had back surgery in March 2011.  I went through months of physical therapy and while my back feels a bunch better, I have nerve damage in my leg/foot.  It is healing slowly (it takes 18-24 months for nerves to heal) and my foot doesn't work properly.  So, running is slow and awkward.  I don't run without holding onto my daughter's little car that I push her in when we walk because I swear I am going to fall.  If you laugh at me when you see me running, I will laugh with you.  No biggie.  I am sure I'm a sight to see :)

I made my mom's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.  They are SO YUMMY and you can't just eat one!  Maybe I shouldn't eat these since I'm almost to my goal, lol.  Just don't over bake them or they are not so good.  I will put the recipe below also.


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup oil
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk

Peel zucchini and then shred it.  Add ingredients, except chocolate chips, in no particular order and mix together.  It is easy enough to mix by hand.  Once mixed well, add chocolate chips.  Spoon into cupcake holders, filling them about 1/2 full.  Bake at 350 F until done.

They should spring back when you touch the top but I always stick a toothpick in them to make sure :)

You can also add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and/or 1 cup raisins if you want to.  My kiddos won't eat them like that, and actually, neither will I, so I don't add them.

Well, how about some FREE stuff?  Who doesn't LOVE getting something for FREE?  I know that I do :)  So, here are links to a few of my products on TeachersPayTeachers that you can download for free.

Kiddos stamp their way through the alphabet from A to Z.


Kiddos draw or glue gumballs in the gumball machine and then write the number.

Thanks for all of the prayers for my bff Jaime and her family.  Her hubby has been really sick on the chemo so they took him off of it and now he is going back on it again.  They are trying to settle into a new 'normal'.  He is still out of work and not sure when or if he is going to be able to go back.  The fundraiser I put together for them was successful.  Belleria of Kent helped us raise $400 for them to go to his medical fund and help the family out.  We are in the process of organizing a Poker Tournament for them, and our 4H club that we are all involved in is selling pastries to help them out.  So many people helping them that don't even know them...it is so great to see how much kindness exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment